Following is the list of businesses you can start from home with little or no investment both in terms of money and time.
1. Boutique/Tailoring: If interested in fashion this would be a good idea as you would be enjoying what you would do. If you can stitch by yourself, you can do that or get a tailor and do only designing.
2. Open a small library: If interested in reading you can open a small library. If you have a good collection of books, you will need a smaller investment.
3. Freelance Writer/Blogger: For this you need no fixed time to work. You can write whenever you are free and where ever you are.There are sites you can write for and get paid too.
4. Write a book: You could write a book and get it published. You could write on a topic of your interest eg a recipe book, a book on travel, economy or a novel.
5. Financial Advisor/Insurance Agent: If you are a finance person this is the job for you. You could manage portfolios for other people. You could guide them as to how to manage their finances and where to put their savings. You could charge a fee for your expert advice. You could also become an insurance agent and sell insurance policies.
6. Start preparing and selling food items: You can start this by taking orders for what you are good at making eg cakes, chocolates, snacks or meals. Advertisement can be done through pamphlets or newspapers. You could also join home delivery online ordering restaurants.
7. Start a coaching institute: If you are talented and good at something, start teaching others. It is fulfilling and pays well. You don’t need much investment. You could start cooking classes, dance classes, arts classes etc. You could also give tuitions in subjects you are proficient in. You could also have story telling classes for kids.
8. Beauty Parlour: If you are trained in this field, you could start a parlour in one of the rooms of your house.
9. Become a recruiter: Log in to sites for professionals and find them jobs of their choice by liasoning with companies who would hire them. Take commission from both sides.
10. Manufacture artefacts: If you are good at making handicrafts, you could start manufacturing them at home and selling them online or in exhibitions or take orders.
11. Become a middleman: Buy and sell products like apparel, footwear or stationery items from home.
Working from home gives you freedom to use your time and money. You can choose a business of your interest. You don’t have to travel to work. And you can take care of your home as well.